8.17.2011

Preston {10 Months}

I can't believe Preston is 10 months old!

  • Eats 4 times a day (around 7 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, and 6 PM). For the 11 AM and 3 PM feedings, it's a 5 ounce bottle of pumped breastmilk since I'm at work. But he breastfeeds for the first and last feeding. How I have managed to still be breastfeeding, I have no idea. I just know that everytime I think about weening him, I get really sad. I'm not sure I'm ready for that stage in his life to be over. I know I'm borderline approaching the "this is weird" stage, but I don't care. I will stop when we are both ready.
  • He really loves meat! Hamburger patties, ham, turkey, chicken...he just scarfs it down. I do not eat a lot of meat, so I was worried he wouldn't like it either, but thank goodness he does. He pretty much eats whatever we put in front of him.
  • He loves to walk around the house pushing toys. He gets in this zone and is so focused. If he wasn't bearing all his weight on the toys, he could probably walk.
  • He loves to give "High Fives!" It is followed with the biggest grin I've ever seen!
  • He has FOUR teeth! His top two and bottom two. They are so cute.
  • He usually naps twice a day, around 9 AM and 2 PM. Each nap is about an hour, on a good day.
  • He sleeps wonderfully thorough the night from 7 PM to 7 AM, sometimes 8 AM. I can't even remember the last time he woke up in the middle of this night. Hope I didn't just jinx that.
  • He said his first words! His first word was "Ball" when Brett and I were playing with his ball with him, and shortly after that he started saying "DaDa" and he hasn't stopped.
  • He loves to hand me anything and everything he finds, and loves it when I say "Thaaaaank You."
  • He loves to play tug-o-war with Winston with anything he can find. A piece of paper, a toy, whatever. Those two love to play together and Winston is so gentile with him.
  • Believe it or not, he has not gained an ounce since May! He has stayed at 22 lbs, 11 oz. for 3 months. The doctor says thats normal and that he is just lengthening out now, so he is getting thinner. But people still comment all the time that he is a "Big Boy" even though I'm sad that he's not as much of a little chunk anymore. He is starting to look more like a little boy.
  • His hair is longer in the back, but he still looks bald because it's so blonde.
  • He likes to grab my nose and put his fingers up my nose and laugh.
  • He knows these words: Book, Ball, Train, Truck, Nose, Golf Club, Winston, Dada, Mama, ....
  • He cracks up when we read "Where is Baby's Belly Button?" He just thinks it is the funniest thing!
  • He just started standing by himself, with no help. He can do it for about 10-15 seconds.
He hates the feel of grass, but this would have been a great picture if he was smiling.
There's that smile!
Learning about Bubbles for the first time! He loves them!

Mommy and Preston in the bounce house at cousin Holt's first birthday party!

He likes to touch noses, and "bunny kiss" with Aunt Lulu.

Getting out of the bath for bedtime, precious moments

Okay, I'm pretty embarrassed to admit this but yes, we went to the Ramona Singer wine signing at Kroger. Don't judge. The pinot is actually pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails