8.22.2013

Ready to Pop!



 






I rarely ever blog anymore but I'm going to try to start up again so I can document all of Caroline's milestones just like I did with Preston's. As I write this today, I am 38 weeks 5 days pregnant, which leaves just 9 days until my due date, August 31st! It's surreal that this pregnancy has gone by so fast, but then there are other times I feel like I've been pregnant forever. In so many ways, 9 months is just the perfect amount of time to prepare.

I'm so sentimental these past few days. Sad that these are my last few days just Brett, Preston and I. Never again will it be just the three of us. It makes me want to cry to think how much I've loved these last 3 years with Preston. Being able to give him my full attention has been so wonderful. He's just a part of me and will always have my heart. Although tough at times raising a toddler, I just know these are going to be the days I look back at and think these were the good ole' days. I feel so blessed. I'm just soaking up these last few special moments with just him. I'm going to miss him cuddling up to my tummy each morning as we watch TV just the two of us and drink our coffee and orange juice. Ok, I'm officially crying now. Pregnancy hormones at their best. I just love that kid and hope that he doesn't feel any loss of my love or attention in these next few months.

And now it's time to expand our family with the addition of our daughter. I just cannot wait to meet her. I feel like in a lot of ways I'm MORE excited to go into labor than last time. Even though I know this time how hard it is, I also know that I can get through it and I know what a blessing is coming our way. It also makes me kind of sad to think this is probably my last pregnancy. Never again will I feel those sweet little kicks in my belly. As much as I complain about the bad parts, it really is such a sweet time in your life and I'm sad that I'll never have that again. (well, never say never, but probably...) I've always dreamed of 2 children- a boy and a girl.

So how have these two pregnancies compared? I was definitely sicker in the first trimester this time than I was last. Major nausea. However, last pregnancy I had worse issues in the end with my leg being numb for 6 weeks straight. None of that this time. Also, I seem to be less swollen this time at the end. I even wore my wedding ring today. No way could I have done that past 32 weeks with Preston. Overall this pregnancy might have been a little easier, but then I've been chasing a toddler so that makes it even out. Oh and weight gain? It has been exactly the same! I've gained about 43 pounds with both kiddos. Just goes to show that your body is going to do what your body's going to do. I feel like I've eaten way worse with this one. Then again, I probably ate bad last time too...I'm just enjoying it and not worrying one bit about weight.

If the ultrasounds prove to be correct, Caroline is not expected to be any more than 9 lbs. Probably more in the 8-8.5 lb. range, which is just shocking to me. I don't know why- that's still big. But I was 10 pounds at birth, and Preston was 9, and I've always heard that second babies were bigger- so I was expecting her to be 9.5-10. I'll believe this 8.5 lb. guess when it happens, I guess. I actually asked the doctor if everything was okay when I found out she was only in the 72nd percentile. That's like a shrimp to me. Ain't nobody petite in this family! We'll see...

Last week I had the worst upper respiratory infection of my life. It started with fever and aches on Monday, and went on to a full blown stuffy nose (literally, there were moments I could not breathe at all and I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room), most severe cough, ear ache, sore throat, sinus pressure I've ever had. For a week straight I couldn't sleep at night because I couldn't breathe. I was so mad. And scared of going into labor while I was sick. Can you even imagine how terrible that would be? I had major anxiety about it. Not how you want to spend your last few weeks before baby comes. I wanted to be nesting and doing fun things with Preston. But a week and a day later, I finally feel like I am getting better. Not 100% yet, still have a lingering cough, but for the most part I am better each day and I feel everything is going to be okay.

On Monday (at 38 weeks 2 days), I found out I was already 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced, so literally this could happen any day now. With Preston, I never got to 2 cm until I was in the hospital getting induced. Is there anything more exciting in life than waiting to have a baby? Every day I think...is this going to be the day? One of life's surprises that you can't plan- I just love that. It could be tomorrow or in 10 more days, but I am so excited! Our hospital bags are packed!

I'm feeling so, so blessed!



2 comments:

  1. had to chime in that right after Clara was born, I felt SUCH sadness for Helen (like weeping in the hospital room) b/c I felt so bad that she her world would be so rocked. (I figured Clara on the other hand didnt know any better!) but it has been amazing and she loves Clara so much (ok, admittedly occasionally wants to express that by laying on top of her) but really, she is AOK with all the change! :) Just in case you feel any of that! thinking about you these next few days- hope everything is smooth and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see that sweet girl! Thinking of you these next few days...hang (or waddle) in there :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails