12.07.2013

3 Months- Here we go!



I think we are officially done with the car crying! Yay! This little miracle started when we drove to San Antonio for Thanksgiving. I had been so worried all month that it would be three hours of non-stop crying, Instead, something wonderful happened...silence. The whole way! Baby girl slept the entire way and didn't wake up until we pulled into Grandma and Grandpa's driveway. She did the same thing on the way back and now she's doing great with all the other times we get in the car.

She's back to being the happiest, easiest baby on the block. Here are some tidbits about Caroline at 3 months:

  • Stopped being swaddled at 2 1/2 months and has done fine. It didn't change her sleeping patterns at all and she looks more like a human when she's sleeping and less like a penguin.
  • She started sleeping upstairs in her crib at night shortly after she turned 2 months. She is completely un-phased by the change. I on the other hand am missing the convenience of having her so close for that 4 am feeding. Instead I zombie-walk all 55 steps (including 18 stairs) to her bedside.
  • She's finally stretching her feedings to 3-3.5 hours apart. (It was every 2 hours for so long it seems like)  We're still not on a strict schedule AT ALL--each day is different--but I'd say on a typical day she wakes up at 8 AM (I have to wake her so we can get Preston to school on time), then eats around 8, 11, 2, 5, 7, 10, and then like clockwork--she wakes every night at 3:58 am for that 7th feeding. I have experimented a little with cutting out that 10 PM feeding with some success, but other nights it kind of makes her wake earlier than 3:58 and then I don't get that long 5.5 hour stretch of sleep that I so desperately desire. I'll probably try cutting it out at 4 months. That's a day that will make me a very happy mommy as I can go back to my 8 or 9 pm bedtime! Lame, I know. I love sleeping!
  • Naps are not very constant but that's my fault. She definitely gets a long morning nap around 9:30-11. Sometimes this will be a 1.5 hour nap, sometimes a 3 hour nap, but I will not ever wake a sleeping baby. Especially not for the sake of "keeping on a schedule." After that I just let her fall asleep whenever but I don't really force it. My motto is- do whatever to make MY day easier! :) Second time mom thing, for sure!
  • She just LOVES watching Praise Baby in her swing. It's genius because you don't need to feel guilty about your 3 month old watching TV if it's all praise music, right?! I think so. I don't know where the AAP would stand on that ;)
  • Size 6 month clothes right now.
  • I started back to work this month and holy MOLY mother of stress. I am BUSY! I seriously don't know how I am going to juggle 2 kids, housework, cooking, friendships, a husband, a full-time job, and my design work on the side. Something is going to have to give, but for right now I'm desperate to make it all work. Sorry friends if I haven't been as active in all the group texts lately! I think it's just going to take some time to adjust to all that I have on my plate. Right now I'm just trying not to have a heart attack. :) Being a working mom with one child was totally manageable. One more makes everything so complicated. You should see what I have to pack just to get out the door each day. It looks like we are on our way to the airport for a week long trip. There's Preston's lunch and backpack for school, Caroline's bag to take her to my mom's, my work stuff, my breast pump complete with all the washed parts, etc, etc. This ain't easy, yall. It's going to get easier. It's going to get easier. Right?! Cause right about now I just want to say peace out and hop on a plane to Maui. All by myself. For a month forever. Just kidding, kind of.
  • Still no pacifier, and she definitely sucks on her hand but not her thumb. Sad I bought 10 different types of pacifiers, including 3 adorable $10 monogrammed pacis that I saw on pinterest (lol) before she was born. I am ridic. I know. Let me know if you know someone who is having a baby and naming her Caroline. She will be the luckiest lady on the planet.
Here are a few more pictures of her at three months...



 

 

 

 
And now, just for some entertainment, let's have a little fun writing captions to all her crazy expressions...

Look Ma, I'm a can-can dancer.

I really shouldn't have had that third margarita.

Lay off me. I'm starving!

 
The first day Mommy's milk came in, she looked like this.

What do you mean, I'm not really a princess?!
 

Over it.

Totally over it.


I'm getting cuter each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails