9.14.2010

Je t'aime Flora & Muse

One of the biggest joys of living in our area is seeing what restaurant or store will open next in the new City Centre at Town & Country. This weekend my mom, sister and I were headed to Ruggles Green (one of my new favorites--the first week it opened I went 4 times!!) when we passed by a darling new little bistro that just opened called "Flora & Muse."  We didn't get to go in because there was a private party being held that day, but the concept looked right up my alley. On one awning it read "Coffee & Flowers," and on the next it read "Bistro & Bar." Could they possibly combine any more of my favorite things?

Here is a picture I took of the outside...



This morning I had to drop Winston off at the groomers pretty early, so I swung by on my way back to stop in for some coffee and a pastry. It was love at first sight when I walked in. This place is straight out of a Parisian street scene. All of the furniture is french (my favorite). Chandaliers hang in abundance. You can buy fresh flowers to take home, grab a coffee (or a glass of wine if it is in the evening), read the paper, relax with friends, or have a charming date night there with your hubby. It would also be the most perfect place to host a bridal or a baby shower.

Having just gone to Paris last year, I remember commenting on how unique and lovely each bistro was on every street, and it made me hate how America has the same chain places on every corner. There's no surprise or eye candy when you walk into a Starbucks. You know exactly what you are going to get. Blah. And now I feel like the City Centre at Town and Country has a piece of European flair in this new little gem of a place.

So I have a new favorite hangout. I can't wait to take Brett + Preston there {in his cute stroller} when the weather cools down, maybe even Winston on a leash, and sit on the patio...and pretend that I am in Paris again. C'est la vie!

They have a website but it hasn't really been developed yet. They said they should have the menu up soon. http://floraandmuse.com/

And while I'm on the subject of Paris, and to parlay off last night's Gossip Girl premeire which took place in Paris, let me just flashback to some pictures we took while there last October. Paris is just so romantic. If you haven't been with the one you love, you really should plan to go!




1 comment:

  1. I had no idea this was open! I think we definitely need to have coffee dates with the kids this fall!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails