9.28.2010

Decorating for Fall Part 2 {My Porch}

I think I am having my "burst of energy." It usually happens a few days before you go into labor, so I guess this is a good sign. I remember before I was pregnant, I used to see people out and about who were days away from their due dates, and I would think "How can they be out?! What if their water breaks? When I'm that pregnant I'm going to be chilling on the couch with my feet up." Nope. All I want to do is accomplish as much as I can before Preston gets here.

That being said, I decorated the whole house for Fall. Using the photos I posted a few days ago as inspiration, I headed out and got what I needed to get my front porch in full-out Fall Festivity. My mom accompanied me and we had a great time!

Here is the finished product.

I got the wreath at Accessory Place. The garland around the door is from Hobby Lobby. I feel like I should go back and get more to intertwine it so it is thicker. It looks a little dingy now. (Plus, it's all 50% off so why not? I only spent $20 for all 4 pieces that go around the door!!). I got the black rocking chair at Garden Ridge and threw my orange pashmina over it for a splash of color. (Just for the photo). Then I went to Cornelius and got a few pumpkins. The mums should be blooming more in the next few weeks so they will be more colorful then.

 I like the wreath I got so much better than the options I posted a few days ago. It is very full and I know I will have it for years to come. I added the copper ribbon to the top so it appears to be hanging by the ribbon, but it is really nailed into the door.

 Closeup of the Fall colors in the wreath.

 Winston wanted to pose in the picture. The Fall colors really suit him.

View from the street.

We also bought some wonderful smelling potpouri that fills the whole house with the best fall cinnamon-y aroma! To top it off, tonight Brett brought home this delicious apple cinnamon bread and had it baking when I got home from work. The house smells delicious! I ended my day with a decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Now we are all ready for October and to bring our little pumpkin home! I am crossing my fingers that he will make his debut this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE! great job! I suppose I will see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails