10.20.2010

Random Thoughts

  • Ever since I became a mom, I can cry at the drop of a hat. Preston's umbillical cord just came off last night, and I teared up because I feel like he is no longer a newborn. The first few nights home I cried at the end of every day because another day was gone and it was going by so fast. It's not baby blues, more like I'm just overly happy and sentimental about everything. I just feel so blessed and it makes me cry. God is so good!
  • My wedding ring got stuck on my finger on Saturday. Not sure what made me think it would fit right back on again. Anyways, nothing would get it off for three days so I had to go to the jewelers yesterday to get it cut off my finger. Again, I cried for no reason at all. It needed to be resized anyways as its always been pretty snug, but still, I hated to see it cut into.
  • I have tendonitis in my wrist. It started getting sore the last few days of pregnancy and it just got worse after I gave birth. A visit to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday confirmed that yes, it is tendonitis which commonly develops during the last trimester of pregnancy. I wear an ugly black splint now on my right hand. I can hardly type, text, or write. (Except for now when I am cheating by not wearing it). So if you get a text from me with lots of typos, that is why.
  • At the doctors office yesterday, there was an Instyle magazine and a Working Mother magazine in front of me. I picked up the Working Mother magazine. Just interesting. I guess I'm officially a mom.
  • My son can spread his toes so far apart they look like fingers. I have no idea where he inherited this trait from, but its cute.
  • I'm officially a milk machine. It seems like all I ever do is feed, feed, feed. I have started recording lifetime movies to watch in the middle of the night while I am feeding Preston. They are so cheesy and stupid, but it gets me through the feedings without falling asleep. Reviving Ophelia, The Party Never Ends, Maternal Instincts...I've seen them all.
  • I've just discovered Sirius Radio's Coffeehouse station. I keep it on our TV almost all day. It's the perfect soundtrack for napping, cleaning, feeding, etc.
  • It's true that big babies are good eaters and good sleepers. We feel very lucky.
  • Preston had his 2 week check-up today and he is a growing boy! Here are his stats:
    • 9 lbs., 14 1/2 oz. (80% for weight)
    • 22 inches long (90% for height)
    • Head circumference is 15" (70% for head circumference)
  • I'll leave you with some recent photos...


      Ok, Off to feed again...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new pictures! Preston is such a cutie! Can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your random thoughts! you are a gorgeous mommy! love the last pic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails