To be honest, I have my doubts about being induced. I know that it doubles your risk for having a c-section, and I really want to avoid a c-section at all costs. I also know that it can put unnecessary stress on the baby, which I hate. To make matters more complicated, I really am not even that uncomfortable yet and have no problem letting Preston stay put inside me a week longer where he is safe and sound. However, if we let nature take its course, Preston is just going to get bigger and bigger and I could end up needing a c-section anyways. We ultimately chose Tuesday, but I can always call and cancel if I chicken out and decide to wait it out a few more days. What would YOU do?
My due date is Monday, so of course I could still go into labor on my own before Tuesday, and that is definitely the scenario we are praying for. So this weekend I will be doing lots of walking, eating lots of spicy foods, all the works. Dr. Dryden said it could definitely happen that way.
You hear such positive and negative stories about all birth scenarios, so I am hoping that I will be like my friends who were induced and had no issues whatsoever. Keep us in your prayers for a safe and pleasant (well, not terrible) birth experience! I've never been in the hospital and never even had a broken bone, so this is scary for me, to say the least. I'm a bit of a "chicken" and my biggest source of anxiety is just getting an IV put into me! And of course having the epidural administered. Eeeek!! But I know the end result will be so worth it!
I love you guys and thanks for reading! If you have any POSITIVE induction stories, feel free to share :).


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAims- I will be praying for you! Either way he will arrive healthy and well! I am excited for you!
ReplyDeleteAmy--you will do great either way!
ReplyDeletePraying for all of you as you near the
finish line!!
=)
I so enjoy reading your blog and look forward to posts about Mommyhood!
ReplyDeleteNo one can tell you what to do about childbirth. You are Preston's Mommy and know best. Go with your gut!
I have two kids...I went into labor with my first and the second was induced. Like you, I was nervous abt induction. It went fine! Easy.
With the first, I wanted him OUT of my belly and into my arms, so that weekend, I walked walked walked walked, ate pineapple, spicy foods, rubbed that pressure point, etc. Voila! Went into labor that Sunday night!
Just listen to your heart but also your doctor! You are going to be a wonderful Mommy and that is one lucky little boy!
Amy, I am so excited for you and know that you and Preston will be surrounded by love, grace and faithfulness. You will be AMAZING! I have all the faith in you and the good Lord above! Love you and can't wait to meet your little blessing!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you and the baby. My due date is today. ha!! and no contractions yet. My doc has not even be able to see if I'm dilating because the baby is very low and she couldnt reach the cervix or something like that. My next appointment is tomorrow. So let's see what they say.
ReplyDeleteI understand all your worries. Just take it easy (easy to say) and breath a lot to stay calm.
Take care,
Elfi