11.23.2010

I am thankful for...

So many things this year! I can't help but feel the most blessed I have ever felt in my life! It's a long list, but here it goes...
  • First and foremost, my new sweet baby boy, who is not only beautiful and perfect in every way, but most importantly, healthy! I could not be more thankful for the family I am creating! Every time I look at Preston my heart is so full of joy.
  • My patient and sweet husband. Brett is the most loving husband a girl could ask for. He puts up with so much and never complains! He loves me unconditionally and that is the most I could ever ask for. He is also the most wonderful Dad to Preston. He jumps right in and helps and really equally shares the job with me. The best part of my day is when Brett walks in the door.
  • My amazing parents! My mom--who taught me how to be a mother. She is so selfless and is always looking for ways she can help her children, even when we don't ask. She always puts others before herself and I hope that I can be half the mother that she is! My Dad--who has been such a great rolemodel for me and has taught me so much over the years. I couldn't respect him more! I hope Preston will learn from his Papa!
  • My sister. She is so loving and I am so thankful that she is always there for me. She is so excited to be an aunt and I am thankful that she wants to be such a HUGE part of Preston's life. He is going to feel so special and loved. It is such a special thing to have a sister!
  • Cheesy, I know, but I am so thankful for my sweet puppy, Winston. He is the best dog in the world and any bad day I have can be better just by holding and cuddling Winston. He is always by my side.
  • Both our stable jobs. I am so lucky to work for a company as outstanding as Texas Children's Hospital. I work with such great people and truly love what I do. That is a blessing.
  • Good Health of those that I love.
  • A place to call home. It has been so fun turning our house into a home, and I am so thankful everytime I come home to such a warm place.
  • Wonderful friends. The past year has made me realize even more how blessed we are! I have not only old friends whom I have loved and known for almost all my life, but I also made a lot of new friends this year. {Hello, Bunco friends!}
  • A church home. Even though we haven't been able to attend since Preston was born, I am so thankful for MDUMC. We look forward to Preston growing up in the church.
  • Memories. There are so many good ones from my life. I am always daydreaming about great memories.
What are you thankful for?

I am really looking forward to our Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday. Brett's parents are coming into town, so we will get to be with both sets of parents on Preston's first thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails