FRIDAY:
My sister came in town! We had an early dinner at Yardhouse at City Center and afterwards ate cupcakes on the grassy lawn. Sweet at City Center has the best cupcakes, in my opinion!
Then, that evening we bought Preston his first baby pool and watched as he splashed around in the backyard for the first time. He loved it! Winston was a little jealous that the attention was not on him, as usual.
Later, we put Preston to bed and my sister babysat while Brett and I snuck away to see Water for Elephants. I absolutely loved this movie! We both read the book so we were excited to see the movie together. It might be one of my favorites movies!
SATURDAY:
We took Preston up to the church for an easter egg hunt and some children's activities. Well, mostly just a photoshoot to be honest. He's a little too young this year to hunt eggs, but if he takes after his daddy I'm sure he will be dominating the egg hunt next year. Brett is a little, ahem a lot, competitive.
After that, we headed down to the Houston Zoo. This was Preston's first trip to the zoo. Let's just say he was not that impressed. This picture pretty much sums up his whole zoo experience. Ironically, most of the animals were napping too. Maybe we picked the wrong time of day. It was also really hot and extremely stinky! [The OCD in me is convinced we are sick now because of the zoo and all the germs there.] We probably only stayed for an hour. We'll try again when he is old enough to appreciate it.
Later that evening we went to my parents house for some BBQ. They had their backyard patio re-done and it was neat to watch the progress. It turned out so pretty! After we ate, we gave Preston his first bath in the real bathtub. I think he liked it better than his little infant tub that he is quickly outgrowing. We also watched the Spurs game that night. Well, Brett watched the Spurs game. :)
SUNDAY:
We went to mass with my parents and sister. Even though I became a Methodist when we got married, I still appreciate how beautiful Catholic mass is. The traditional music is just the best, in my opinion. But maybe that's just because it's what I grew up with. Preston loves church. He was being such a little ham, flirting with the old ladies in the pew behind us. Then, he spent the rest of the mass trying to get a book from the little girl sitting in front of us. She was having none of it and kept moving it so he could not get it. It was so funny to watch.
After church we had brunch at Pine Forrest Country Club. We practically grew up here, so it is neat to take my son back to experience Easter how I remember it.
He was so happy all weekend and I think he really enjoyed having his Aunt Lulu in town. I am so thankful for such a wonderful first easter with my baby boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment