4.13.2011

Preston {6 months}

Oh my gosh, how has it already been half a year?! Mr. Munchkin is 6 months old!

Sometimes I still can't believe that I am actually a mom, that there is a little human who is dependent on me every second of the day. And that I know what I am doing. Just six months ago, I knew nothing about babies. I had never even changed a diaper. And now, I have a healthy, happy-as-can-be 6-month old who brings me more joy than I could have ever imagined.



At this age, Preston---
  • Loves the remote control. If he spots it, he is fixated on it and trying to get it from me. This distracts him from any other task at hand. ie. eating.
  • Also loves my cell phone. Reaches for it constantly. Loves to call people on the phone and hear their voices come through.
  • Sits up like a big boy. This was huge, as I can now put him down to play by himself in his playpen. I get to enjoy my morning coffee again :)
  • Usually sleeps through the night, from 7 PM to 6 AM. This morning wake time has gotten earlier and earlier, ughh! He's an early bird and momma's not!
  • Still takes at least 3 naps a day, still in his stroller.
  • Lots of drooling and chewing, but no teeth yet.
  • No longer likes laying on his back. As soon as I place him down, he rolls right over to his tummy.
  • Laughs hysterically when we shake our heads and say, "No, No, No..." uh oh.
  • Loves playing peek-a-boo. Giggles like crazy and it is so so cute.
  • Smiles with his mouth wide open. I love it.
  • Reaches for me to pick him up.
  • Is really getting his hair on his head. I know some of you might be laughing if you look at his pictures. But I swear, I can see it and feel it much more. It's coming in. It's just super light.
  • Is complimented all the time on what a "happy baby" he is.
  • Weight=20 lbs., 10 oz. (92nd percentile)
  • Height= 2' 4.5" (95th percentile)
He is still exclusively breastfeeding, but he is also eating other yummy foods! He eats rice cereal twice a day. He has tried all different types. Whole grain, white, oatmeal, barley...and he loves it all! He has also now had acorn squash, butternut squash, green beans, carrots, bananas, and avocados. The boy can eat. He likes anything and everything.

At my baby shower, my sweet friend Nadia gifted me this.


The Beaba Babycook, and it is wonderful! I am making all of his food from scratch. It only sounds time-consuming. But I want people to know how simple and easy it is. Literally, you just buy the fresh vegetables (I buy organic to be safe!). Rinse. Chop. Throw them in the basket. In 15 minutes, they are steamed and blended, and I have enough food to freeze and last me all week. It is just as easy as opening up a jar, so rewarding, and I find that I too have been doing a better job of getting all my servings of vegetables/fruit each day. I just eat anything left over. It's fantastic. Yes, it is basically just a steamer and a blender in one, but the great thing is how small it is. Clean up is super easy and it doesn't take up the whole dishwasher like a blender and a steamer would. I highly recommend it.

We've had some fun events this month. My dad was the general chairman of the Shell Houston Open here in Houston. We were all very proud of him for running such a great tournament. Preston was excited to be in attendance. It was his first sporting event, and he was cheering for Phil Mickelson.

Go Phil! (Check out his cute little golf socks.)

Same picture, but we had to contain his excitement.

 The winning putt.

Afterwards, he got his picture taken with Phil Mickelson and my dad. You'd have thought we could have taken the binky out of his mouth for the picture. But it all happened so fast I didn't get a chance. He was trying to get out of there to fly straight to the Masters, and I don't think he would have appreciated me saying, "Preston...Preston...look here, Preston."


 Happy baby.

Last weekend, Texas Children's Hospital had an event for families to celebrate the opening of our brand new West campus. I loved getting to show Preston where Mommy works. The event was a huge success. We had over 2700 people attend!


Petting zoo--checking out the Billy Goat. (I think?)

We also had a playdate with Lil' Mis Piper while Paige was in town.

babytalk. too precious.


Waiting in the park to get his 6-month pictures taken.
This boy wears blue like nobody else. Signature color. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails