2.28.2013
Baby #2!
Baby number two, a baby girl, is expected to arrive around August 31, 2013. I'm about 14 weeks along, feeling great now (the first trimester was seriously rough this time) and super excited about what's to come! I still can't believe it's a GIRL!
At our 12 week ultrasound, we asked the sonographer if she had any guesses as to whether it was a boy or a girl. She told us that if she had to guess, she was about 85% sure it was a baby girl! I chose to take a new blood test that can determine the gender of your baby at 12 weeks with 99% accuracy. It's called the "Jack and Jill Gender Test" and I believe it is currently only offered in the Houston area. The results take up to 7-10 days to come back so of course, we waited until we got the results before we told anyone or went out and bought everything pink in sight! The day before my 30th birthday and while celebrating in Scottsdale, we got the call from the doctor that the results were in and indeed it was definitely a GIRL! It was the best birthday present I could have ever gotten and made the day one I will never forget.
Another boy would have been wonderful and I would have been happy with two boys, but my heart just feels complete to have a daughter. Growing up with my sister, we were surrounded by strong amazing and beautiful women who helped raise us. My grandmother, my Aunt Bea, and of course my mother used to make my sister and I feel so special and we have the best of memories going to special lunches, shopping, watching girly old movies, and playing dressing up. It's obvious that I have a special sisterly bond with females and I can't wait to have a daughter to love on next!
Preston is so excited to have a baby sister and already refers to her by her name. He always said from the beginning when we asked him if he was having a baby brother or sister, "I'm having a baby sister!" with such confidence. Of course we thought for sure he would be wrong because so far, the Kummer men have only made boys, so we just assummed we would have another boy. I truly feel so blessed to get to experience one of each, a son and a daughter!
I'll end with a recent picture of Preston that I just love...my little angel boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



so excited you will have one of each! congrats again :)
ReplyDelete-Veronika