We ordered his bed, bedding, and dresser from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child. The wicker chest at the foot of his bed holds all of his stuffed animals and is actually from Ikea. His window shade was custom from The Robert Allen Shade Store. The glider is still from his nursery but once I move that into the new nursery I'd love to buy him this mini wingback chair. I made him the sign above his bed with the lyrics to "You are my sunshine." I just covered a canvas board with linen fabric, got some stencil letters and paint and it was pretty easy!
My mom gave him this pillow for Christmas which I think is so sweet and it totally goes with the decor of the room.
I found these 8 framed vintage school calendars at The Roundtop Antique Fair last fall. I thought they were adorable and were so appropriate for a preschool aged boy. I think it keeps his room youthful since he is, afterall, 2 1/2.
Monogrammed pillow from Restoration Hardware. Is it just me or is the "D" a little more out there? Hmm...
So there it is! We had talked about a big boy bed for a long time so he got really excited about it. I told him it was going to come soon on a delivery truck. Then, for weeks, every time he saw a UPS truck he'd ask, "Mommy, is that my big boy bed?" To this day when he sees a UPS truck, he says, "Somebody's getting a big boy bed!" He thinks that is all they deliver, ha ha!
Stay tuned for exciting news. I am in the process of turning my interior design hobby into a business. More to come...

It looks great Amy! Love the artwork you made too :)
ReplyDelete-Veronika
I want to attempt a smaller version of the artwork you made for Helen's room. Any recommendations for keeping the letters straight?
ReplyDelete