6.09.2009

Winston's Homecoming

Winston is amazing. Seriously. I am so in love. He is so precious and I am so proud of him for being such a good little puppy (most of the time). He sleeps through the night, and he has adapted so well to his new home. It is so cool to see him responding to his training. After his first week at home, he already knew "sit" and "down." He pretty much knows "come" except for when he is hunting pinecones outside and he simply doesn't want to hear me. (That's annoying, but we are working on it.)

Funny Story...
Last week, he found this old ratty tennis ball on our walk, at the end of our street. He kept it in his little mouth the whole way home, and he was so proud to show daddy his little treasure that he brought home. Unlike new tennis balls, it was already cracked with pieces in the middle. So, I let him play with it the next day because it would keep him busy for hours. Well, I was working on the computer and I took my eyes off him for about 15 minutes. I looked down, and he was chewing this little piece of rubber and the ball was no longer in front of him. I immediately PANICKED, as it appeared he had eaten the entire ball..piece by piece!

I called Brett at work and told him what happened. We decided I should call the vet. I call the vet and the vet tells me I need to come in and buy this special food for him to pass it more quickly. They say I have to watch him ALL day, because if he vomits, he could choke on the pieces. Then they tell me if he doesn't pass it, he could need surgery! I am so worried at this point. I load Winston into the car. The whole time he is just looking at me, calm as a little puppy can be. I am praying and promising him I will never take my eyes off him again.

When we got to the vet and they saw him, they were all in shock. "That little puppy ate that whole tennis ball??" I think they expected him to be a big dog or something. This only worried me more.

We go home, I feed him the food, and I watch him ALL day. I mean, ALL DAY. I didn't get anything else done. I had to take him outside every 15 minutes. I even watched him while he slept. He seems to be doing fine, and at this point I am labeling him my little super-dog.

Well, circa-nine o'clock p.m. I go into the hall bathroom and low and behold...there's the darn ball!

The video below makes this whole thing all the more funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails