1.12.2010

Cute Idea: Charm Cake

This past weekend I had the honor of being a part of my close friend Allison's wedding. Allison and her twin sister, Adrienne, were my sorority sisters and roommates in college. The wedding was so beautiful and it was so great to see Allison so happy as she wed Patrick.  It was a true winter wedding as temperatures in Waco did not rise above 30 degrees all weekend!

I wanted to share with you all an adorable idea that I had never before seen. At the bridal luncheon, Mrs. Goertz had made a "charm cake" which is a beautiful cake with several ribbons flowing from the cake. Attached to each ribbon is a silver charm. (Below is a picture of it--I love the way she put fresh flowers in the middle...gorgeous! and SO yummy too!)



The cake is passed around the table and each bridesmaid and attendee pulls a ribbon from the cake revealing which charm is theirs. Each charm holds a special meaning or fortune, and signifies the promise of their future.

Here are a few examples:

Golf Bag Charm--A country club life
Chili Pepper- Red Hot Romance is coming your way
Phone- Good news is coming your way
Baby carriage- The next to have a baby
Engagement Ring- The next to marry
Money Tree- Life of financial security
Rocking Chair- Long life
High Heel Shoe- Life of style and fashion
Baby shoe- Happy and Healthy Children

Although tradition indicates that this is for a bridal event, I think it would be perfect even for a baby shower, birthday party, or any kind of celebration with women.

I did some googling, and I found this website where you can order the silver charms:

Click here to see Martha Stewart's Charm Cake:

So, which charm did I pull out of the cake? Airplane! (Life of adventure and travel). I'll take it!

Here are a few more pictures of the bridal luncheon:






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails