1.06.2010

Living Room Inspiration Boards

I am about half way done with decorating the two downstairs living rooms. I thought I would share my "inspiration board" for the formal living area.

I wanted the room to be dressier and evoke sophisticated elegance. The colors are shades of soft green with shades of gold/tan which I find very calming. I found the painting first and then the fabrics spun out of that.


Clockwise from Left: painting by Ballard Designs; Coral by Z Gallerie; Fabric, Crosshatch by Grey Watkins; Fabric, Baroque Scroll by Vervain; Fabric, Sheenah by Charles Ray and Associates.


As soon as I get my chairs recovered in the Sheenah fabric, I'll be done and then I will post a picture of how the room turns out.

I just got the okay to start decorating the main living room too, so I'm working on that now. I plan on using the same colors but in a more casual way. I am also going to bring in some coraly/peach shades. Here are the fabrics I have chosen.


L to R:
31494-16 NATURAL by Duralee,  41975-142 PEACH by Duralee , 800217H-127 SORBET by Duralee, 800110H-155 MOCHA by Duralee, 800110H-142 PEACH by Duralee


I am ordering a cream colored sectional next week and all of these fabrics are going to make throw pillows, so I will post pictures as soon as it is all done.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy. I saw your blog on facebook and have stopped by a couple times. Your living rooms sound beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday when we're owners again, I'm hoping I can get your help!! (do u ever think about doing it for a living?) let's just say I have the vision but no execution, ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails