7.08.2010

Elegantly Chic Vow Renewal

Tori Spelling does it again. She's so talented at creating elegantly chic parties. I can't stress enough how much I want to be friends with her. Tori, are you reading this?

I can relate to her in so many ways. For example, we both stress over every little detail whether it's party planning or decorating. {Yet we enjoy that stress.}

Her latest creation was her and hubby Dean McDermott's vow renewal ceremony. It aired on the finale of Tori and Dean a few weeks ago, but here are some pictures I wanted to share of the event itself, in case you are in need of some inspiration for an upcoming soiree. I like the idea of centering a party's theme around a color palette, especially this chic one.

Color Palette: Grey + Yellow + White

I absolutely love how Tori always dresses the entire family in coordinating colors for her events. I think it makes for fabulous pictures, and I'll be doing this for the Kummer family for all our events to come.


Left: The invitation. Notice it asks the guests to dress in black, grey, or yellow. I always want to do something like this, but not sure if it demands too much. What are your thoughts?
Right: The cake


I love how she made the outdoor setting feel like an indoor one. If you can afford to rent furniture for your event, go for it. It really cozies up the space. That view=to die for.

All of the yellow/gold details were gorgeous!


The couple had a typewriter set-up beneath black and white family photos where guests could type messages to Tori and Dean. What a cute idea!


The couple wanted to display things that reflected their interests.
Left: For Tori, that was shoes. Right: For Dean, a motorcycle spray painted yellow.


Left: Buckets with the couples names
Right: These say "Toss a Feather, Celebrate Forever." I suppose they were given out to be tossed as they were walking out of the ceremony. I love that-I've never seen feathers used for this. How chic.


The couple renewed their vows inside a small sandbox {painted yellow of course}, which was reminiscent of their original private wedding ceremony on the beach in the sand. How adorable are Liam and Stella?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm not sure how I found your blog...at all! But I had to comment...I recently started watching Tori & Dean (just not admitting it to anyone for a while...ha!) and I was IN L♥VE with their last episode...♥ ♥ ♥ every bit of the color scheme and decorating!!! OK, since you probably think I'm some weirdo now, I will go! ;)

    Oh, good luck with the end of your pregnancey...what a joyful time! Enjoy EVERY minute of it!! Praying for a safe delivery and a very healthy little babe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails