7.06.2010

Weekend Deals and Steals

While in Austin this weekend for the 4th, my parents and I decided to drive down to the San Marcos Outlets to specifically visit the Pottery Barn Outlet, but also do some other shopping. I'd say the trip was a success. What is it about an outlet mall that makes you want to buy everything in sight? When we pulled up, we literally felt like we were in Disneyworld (well, my Mom and I--Dad was just along for the ride). Here are some "steals" that I purchased and just love.

From the Pottery Barn Outlet-
The only thing I bought here was a new shower curtain for our master shower. We have yet to get a glass door installed (just hasn't been a priority) so up until now we've only had a shower liner up. At least now it will look semi-pretty. This shower curtain matches the paint on the walls perfectly, so I was happy to find it. And I got it for $39--down from it's original $59. It's called the matine toile shower curtain in dark porcelain blue.


From the J.Crew Outlet--
I was so over-the-moon excited to find the pearl cluster necklace! I had been coveting this when it was originally in the stores, but it retailed for $125. At the outlet, I snagged it for just $35. I guess patience pays off!


The second picture shows how it looks on. I just love it! I have about a gazillion pearl necklaces already, but I love the chunckiness of this one and a girl can never have enough pearls, right?

I also bought this pink dress on sale for $20. I figured I could probably get away with wearing it for another few weeks, and if it gets too tight or short as I grow, I could put my gray leggings underneath it. I just really liked the color.


From the Tommy Bahamma Outlet-
While my dad was hunting for some TB shirts, I found these darling swim trunks for Brett. He really needed new swim trunks--I'm pretty sure he only has two and one of them has paint stains from when we stained our outdoor chaise lounges. So, I will give him these as a gift for when he returns home from Macedonia. I snagged them for half off the sale price--just $33. I think these will look so cute on him paired with a navy blue t-shirt.

From the Tory Burch Outlet-
One of my favorite designers and my favorite stop of all.

I got another pair of her beach flip flops because someone, whose name starts with "W" (ahem, Winston) chewed up my last pair. This time I got the navy/white Ikat pair because I am just loving navy blue this summer. These retail for $45, but I scored mine for $34. Sorry for the poor quality of this picture...


Then, I got this basic white polo that I just love. I feel like I can wear this throughout all seasons (after the pregnancy). They had all kinds of cute colors, but I chose white. It originally retailed for $125 but I got it for $39.


Last, we found this darling dress that I plan on wearing to my Houston shower. Granted, it doesn't look half as cute on me since I'm pregnant, but it kind-of works because of the empire waist and where the seams lie. I just hope I don't grow too much bigger in between now and the next 5 weeks, or it definitely won't fit. In that case, I'll be back to the drawing board for a shower dress, but I'll have a lovely dress to alter down to my pre-pregnancy size for next Spring. It originally retailed for $595, but I got it for $159!


By the 4th hour, I had literally shopped until I dropped, and my feet and back were so sore we had to leave immediately. It's not easy shopping when you are 6 1/2 months pregnant. Everytime I go shopping, I can't help but think this could be the last time in awhile I have the energy to do this. But somehow I keep going back. I'm sure I'll muster up the energy to squeeze in a few more shopping trips before Preston arrives.

The rest of the weekend was spent laying by the pool, reading lots of parenting books and magazines, and grilling out. I feel relaxed and ready to start the new week! Hope everyone had a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails