7.09.2010

Nursery Progress {Part 2}

I have slowly but surely been making lots of progress on Preston's nursery. The painter came last weekend and I chose Sherwin William's Silver Strand for the walls and ceiling. It is a really pretty blue-grey, and I just love how it came out. We had crown moulding installed and all the trim is now* painted white.

 *I say now because it was quite the ordeal. While the painter was here, I chose a taupe color for all the trim and doors. Why? I guess I was trying to do something different than the regular white, and I had seen a picture where the trim was taupe and I loved it. Well, as soon as he was done with all the painting and he left, I immediately hated it. It just looked like a dirty white. I knew I was going to have to repaint it white or I would not be happy with it. But I refused to have him come back because I would just have to pay more money to have him repaint it. So, I fixed the problem on my own. Yes, that's right. I climbed on a latter. I painted all the trim and doors by myself while 6 1/2 months pregnant. I wore a mask, and the paint was latex, so I'm not too worried about the fumes I inhaled, but I am just a little. I didn't tell my parents or Brett what I was doing, because I knew they would talk me out of it. I just called them after I was done and said, "Well, I fixed that problem." Yes, Brett was mad at me for not waiting for him to get home so he could fix it, but I couldn't look at the ugliness for one more day. It just made me mad everytime I looked at it. Anyways, now it looks great with the white trim. Note to self: Always just paint trim white. Even if it looks amazing in magazines painted alternate colors, this does not ring true in real life.

This week the electrician came to hang the chandalier. I was like a little kid on Christmas morning--I was so excited to see it hung. I kept peeking in the room to see his progress. I'm sure he was annoyed. But, it looks great and I am so glad I didn't let people (ahem, My dad and Brett) tell me it's too girly. I think it's just beautiful for a sweet baby boy!


Here is a picture of the room now...




The chandalier is from Custom Lighting and Hardware in Houston {on Westheimer near Eldridge}. It's a great source for lighting fixtures and so much more!

Next up... This weekend Papa (my Dad) is installing new closet doors and a closet system. Then, the carpet is getting cleaned next week and finally I will have the perfect canvas as we await the arrival of all the furniture, which should start coming in early August.

Eeeee, I am so excited!


2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness Amy! I would have done the same thing.....I can only imagine you painting...just like painting your room pink in college :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good sis!! Can't wait to see it soon!
    LMS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails