9.26.2010

Decorating for Fall

With the season's first breeze of cool air today, I decided it is time to start thinking about decorating for Fall, or specifically, Halloween. I always start by perusing the internet for beautiful photos that can serve as great inspiration. From there, I decide what I need to buy to recreate a look. Here is what I found. I think all of these images are so lovely...

I love the wicker chair with the throw--I think I am going to have to add one to our front door. If only we had pretty leaves like these all over our front yard--instead, we have pine needles. Eww.

I think white lights are so festive, no matter what the season. How inviting is this for the little trick-or-treaters?!

I love when the wreath and the garland match.

This year I want to attempt carving pumpkins such as these!

Again, I love the outdoor furniture on the front porch.

What about hanging a mirror on the front door like this? I like.

It looks like here they have spray painted pumpkins with metallic paint. What a great idea!

This is just devine. Might be a little too much work for this year, but maybe one year. I just love this photo...one of the cutest ideas I have seen in a long time.

I love the white planter with a simple pumpkin inside. So easy too.

For the over-achievers...How adorable is this?!

Spooky...but tastefully done.

So the first thing I need to buy is a wreath.

There are a few I found that I love, like this one:


But I think I am going to go with this one since it is a little bit more full...


But when I hang it, I'd like to add a coppery-orange satin ribbon like this:
We have a black front door like the one pictured, and I think the ribbon just pops.

I think it would also be cute to add this little sign that I found on Etsy through the middle of the wreath:



I already have my yellow mums planted on each side of the door in black planters, and I plan on buying tons of pumpkins of all different sizes to place on both sides. I also love the white pumpkins--hopefully I can find a few of those! I also have some cute little pumpkin lights that serve as garland around the door (to add that welcoming glow) but I would like to find some pretty garland to intertwine them with.

Here are some things I would LOVE to purchase, but I've decided to wait until after Halloween to see if any of them go on sale, and just use them next year.





Pottery Barn's Tureen and Pumpkin Bowls--perfect for serving my chili in on Halloween night--(an old family tradition of ours!)

Wouldn't they be so cute to stuff candy in and give to party guests?!




A lot of cuteness for the kids to take around trick-or-treating.

I just think these would be adorable lining the path to the front door.

I will take a picture of our front door when I'm all done decorating. Can you believe it is almost October?! Where has September gone?!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails