Urban dictionary defines a shlumpadinka as so:
Shlumpadinka= word Oprah Winfrey made up a long time ago to describe slumpy housewives, the types that are wearing the same sweats they wore yesterday and the day before. They usually have more than one child and are running around non stop and have been totally worn out and given up on how they look.
Luckly I realized the road I was headed down, and decided that I need a new "Mommy Uniform." Something that I could throw on every day that was comfortable, but still polished enough if I need to run out for a quick errand or if someone unexpectedly stops by. I decided it would also be nice to not have to "think" in the morning. I would find one outfit I liked and then buy it in every color. Then I know exactly what I am wearing each day without starring in the closet for 20 minutes trying to decide what to wear. Lastly, I wanted it to be suitable for just sitting around, but also working out. If I decide I have the energy to go walk outside, I don't want to have to run upstairs and change.
Here is what I came up with...
I got the cobalt, emerald, grey heather, very berry, and candy red colors. That's right, one for each day of the week, and I suppose on the weekends I'll have to do laundry. :) I love it because it is a thicker material that is very fitted, so it never looks wrinkly.
These pants are such a great fit. I love that they are not "itchy" like some workout pants can be. They are soft enough to lounge around in, but if I decide to go for a workout, that's great too!
So there you have it. Simple. I know its just a long sleeved shirt and black pants, but the shirts are colorful. I stay warm. I can workout or lounge. I'm comfortable. It's ok if I get spit-up on me. It's a win-win for me!
So if you see me anytime soon, you know what I will be wearing.
What's your mommy uniform?



LOVE it. I have the exact same look going but mine is Nike. Seriously, LOVE these Nike Slim pants that I found. They are so slimming, comfortable and stylish. I can even throw my Uggs on to spruce them up
ReplyDeleteSounds like my weekend attire! My Mommy Uniform is yoga pants, a nursing tank, and a warm up jacket. I like your idea of the different colors...
ReplyDeleteHaha! I like the new uniform choice but I hope you are still wearing the teal scrunchie. Do they still make scrunchies? I might need to buy one of those because it sounds very appealing. I know, I was supposed to buy the cute pants instead....
ReplyDelete