This past weekend marked the one year anniversary of the weekend we brought Winston home from his breeder. I remember how excited I was to get him! I had to talk Brett into getting a cavalier king charles spaniel for about 3 years! Looking back, it cracks me up because words can't describe how much he loves this dog. He totally agrees now that they are the sweetest, most lovable, fun dogs in the world! I can't see us ever getting a different kind of dog.
I hope I haven't neglected Winston in preparation for the arrival of our little boy, Preston. But just in case, here are some of my favorite pictures in honor of Winston and him being a part of our life for ONE year!!
He is such a loyal little buddy. My favorite things about him:
#1) He likes to have a personal "chin holder." He is so spoiled that I sometimes find myself holding his little chin in my hand so he can sleep peacefully. He always rests his chin on you. It's so sweet.
#2) He is OBSESSED with tennis balls. If he sees one, he gets so fixated on it and waits for you to throw it. He is the best little fetcher around.
#3) He is also OBSESSED with water that comes out of the hose! If I am watering the yard, he is barking at the top of his lil lungs and jumping through the water. He thinks it is a game.
#4) He never met a stranger. When we go on walks, he trots over to everyone he sees, and sometimes doesn't understand why EVERYONE doesn't stop to pet him.
#5) He sleeps right next to my heartbeat and places his chin on my chest.
#6) He is a quick learner! He can learn a new trick in about 2 days. So far, he knows sit, come, stay, down, roll over, high five, and shake.
#7) His little tail starts wagging everytime he sees us or we talk to him.
#8) He has the most adorable big brown eyes that melt my heart.
#9) He follows me around everywhere, and when I take a shower, he is curled up on the bathmat in the bathroom waiting for me to be finished.
#10) He loves visitors. If I say "Grandma's here!" he races down the stairs and starts barking at the front door.


Okay...your Winston is darling. As is your blog!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the little prince to be! And what a lovely name. His room is going to be divine!
Thanks for entertaining me this afternoon!!!