A friend of mine told me about Rice Epicurean Market, and I figured it would be really expensive, but no. First of all, the first time you use their delivery service, it's free. After that, its just $9.99 for orders over $100. ($12.99 for orders under $100.) It is totally worth the $9.99 when it saves me an hour of my time!
Yes, the price of their groceries is a tad more expensive, but I feel like when you shop online you end up buying less because you just add to the list things you actually need, and don't get tempted to add things to the cart just because you see them. Also, when you enter an item online, say 'skim milk' you can then sort by price, and chose the least expensive brand. When I am at the store I try to do this, but it sometimes takes too long to look and I end up just grabbing whatever is the quickest. Therefore, I feel like I save more money by shopping online. They also tell you online what the weekly specials are. And an added bonus is that you are not walking all over the store trying to find a random ingredient that a certain recipe calls for. Just search for it online and it pops right up.
So we had our first delivery this morning and it was awesome. The delivery time window was 9-12, and I figured they would come at 11:55 and make us wait all morning. Nope, he was there at 9:15 am. Just in time for me to add the cream I needed to my morning coffee. Did I mention that he threw in some free brownies because we were new customers. SOLD.
So you will probably never again bump into me at the grocery store. I may never go again as long as I live! Adios Kroger! I'm a working mom and if I can eliminate just one chore from my week, I'm super happy! More time I get to spend watching my little one giggle. I love you, Rice Epicurean Market.

Totally agree! Our giant and Safeway both deliver through peapod and I feel like you save money as well. Plus one tip- you can search for coupon codes online so much easier than trying to clip actual coupons :)
ReplyDelete