6.20.2010

Happy Father's Day!







Happy Fathers Day to the Best Dad in the world, MINE!! Here's how he spent his day:

Church and Brunch with the family (This part was great and probably the highlight of his day)

Then it probably went downhill...
  • He planted 3 rosebushes for me
  • He trimmed the dead branches off our palm tree in the driveway
  • He went to Leslie's and bought new equipment for our pool, and then came home and cleaned it
  • He took me to Home Depot to buy the crown moulding for Preston's nursery, as well as the following items: a new hose, a new sprinkler, new air filters, and blinds for our upstairs bathroom
  • He changed some lightbulbs around the house that I couldn't reach
  • He watered the grass
  • He brushed Winston for me and untangled most of his knots in his ears
...all in the 100 degrees Houston heat!!

I feel guilty that his whole day was about helping me, and it should have been the other way around, but I just have that kind of Dad. Home Depot was EMPTY, I mean, who makes their husbands/dads go to Home Depot on Father's Day!! He did get to watch the US Open in between all these tasks.

And it's not just my dad who is so great! Here's what my mom did while Dad was busy:
  • Went to the grocery store to stock up my pantry
  • Cooked a delicious dinner for us at my house
  • Cleaned my house
  • Washed sheets and put them back on
  • Worked in the yard as well
  • Took Winston on a walk
Yes, I am one lucky girl to have parents like mine! They actually enjoy fixing things up around my house! I hope and pray that I will have the same serving heart towards my children!

I love you Mom and Dad!

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails