6.03.2010

Windsor Smith's Home

I am so close to being finished with my living room makeover. I will post pictures of the big reveal in a few weeks. I am just waiting on my chair to get slipcovered, and to perhaps get a new coffee table (I hope my hubby is not reading this).

The fabric I went with is by Windsor Smith and is sold through Kravet. I love the soft hues--both are the color "seafoam". I used the first "Riad" fabric for my 3 pillows (atop a white sofa) and also for slipcovering my accent chair. I used the second "Cap Deluca" fabric for my 2 curtain panels. Both are a pre-shrunk linen that I love.

First: Cap Deluca in Seafoam
Second: Riad in Seafoam
Both by Windsor Smith for Kravet.

Seeing that I loved all of Windsor Smith's fabric choices, I wanted to know more about this Windsor Smith. Just who is she? House Beautiful featured her home back in September, and the images are stunning. I want to live in this house!

Here is a room with the same fabric that I am using. She covered her entire couch in it, and I love it. I also love the seagrass rug with the zebra throw rug layered over it. I'll be on the hunt for a zebra rug as well after seeing this photo. I love this room so much it just might be my new desktop background.

Another room with the Riad fabric used again. I love that "I Love Lucy" is playing in the background. One of my all-time favorite shows.


The floor to ceiling windows are a dream-come-true. Love the natural light. Even more in love with the pink paint on the walls. And the chandalier. It would be impossible to not be in a good mood when you walk into this room. I can imagine hosting a bridal or baby shower in this room. So girly and cute! I'd serve cupcakes and cosmos!


Ahh, my favorite flowers. Pink Peonies. If I had gotten married in the springtime, I would have carried a bouquet of only pink peonies.


How's this for an entry way? So stylish and chic, I would leave all my troubles at the door upon entry. I can imagine throwing a killer cocktail party here, welcoming guests at the door with a glass of champagne with Sinatra echoing in the background.


An aerial view of the entry way. Of course, I would replace this german shepard with my little Winston resting here, and it would be a dream house. But Winston would probably perch himself on the amazing round seating area. Check out the lighting fixture! Love that lantern!


Wouldn't complain about doing dishes in this kitchen. The combo of white marble and black cabinets is divine.


Love the kitchen floors and white slipcovered wingback chair used as a kitchen chair. Hubby could sit here and read the paper in the morning while I fix him coffee.


Sophistication at it's best. Such a serene bedroom for a lady.


I would kill just to take a nap in this room. Or read a book on the lounge chair with Winston at my feet.


Love the painting and how the orange accents match the wrap in the painting-brilliant! I'd also take a pair of those black boots! This is a girly girl, shopaholic's  dream entry way!


Such a serene bathroom. Wouldn't you love to come home to this after a long day at work? I'd throw on some Michael Buble and soak in the tub for hours.


Again, I love the touches of orange in this closet. Don't think I'd have a problem finding something to wear each morning. This closet just oozes style. I wonder where she got the orange boxes?

Her style is so fun, feminine and colorful. I don't think I could pull off this house seeing that I live with a man, male dog, and soon-to-be little boy. (There are no signs of a man living in this house--she must be single). But a girl can dream...

1 comment:

  1. I love the zebra rugs tail to tail! And the Hermes orange accents in that entry! Swoon worthy!

    I love your taste...

    Here is link to my house, 3/4 down page. Will have to post more recent pics. http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/2009/08/small-stylish-houses-part-ii.html

    Is a house EVER finished? Been getting stellar ideas from your gorgeous pics! Thank you! It's like the greatest hits from all the mags/blogs! Culled by your good taste! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails